Tuesday, June 16th, 2009

Anniversary Update

I’m sure you all know, because it’s marked on your calendars, that the boy and I recently celebrated our 1st anniversary. We had a lovely weekend in Oregon’s wine country where we tasted lots of wine, ate awesome food, and where I got a very bad tummy ache.

We stopped at Torii Mor where we tasted a few pinots as well as an amazing port. We also stopped at my very favorite winery, Sokol Blosser, where we were told that my beloved Rose of Pinot Noir is running out. I bought two bottles, but really feel like I should go buy more. Running out would be a travesty.

Do you know that I love tapas more than anything in this world? Well I do. And, we found this fantastic place for tapas. I’ve not stopped thinking about the tiny crab stuffed piquillo pepper. After lunch there was a beer on the rooftop of our hotel, then this lovely little blue box was presented to me. *SIGH* My boyfriend fared well, too, as I gave him a gift card for the new iPhone.

Aside: this gift was a huge mistake as I’ve not stopped hearing about how far superior his iPhone will be to mine. In fact, last night, he told me that his knee hurt, but that would probably all be cured come Friday when he picks up his new phone. And, when I ask him what applications he is going to download, he tells me, “All of them.” I’ve created a monster.

Anyway, we finished our evening with a lovely meal at Nick’s Italian Cafe (which, if you’re keeping track is where we celebrated my 30th Birthday). The boy ordered ostrich. I was not feeling as adventurous.  I’m actually sad that I didn’t get to enjoy more of my dinner, but I forgot to pack the RhiRhi Upset Tummy Remedy which includes (1) Tums Quick Pak and (1) GasX Thin Strip. But, my boy was sweet and brought me ginger ale from the hotel bar after dinner.

And, that was my anniversary weekend. I’ve left out the part where we got halfway home and then received a call from the hotel saying that someone left their iPod in the room. Hint: the iPod in question is NOT pink, and I think you know what color my iPod is.

In other news, I have a review up for SmartFood and a chance for you to win a $100 Visa Gift Card. So, go read that.

See your other post for my comment.

P.S. I am a dork.
    .-= sizzle´s last blog ..I’ve Had Just About Enough of Your Shenanigans =-.

1. Kaleigha says:

Way to go Bill! Sounds Lovely!
      .-= Kaleigha´s last blog ..Loving the vintage … =-.

1. Kerri Anne says:

Three cheers for getaways and blue boxes, and tasty tapas.
        .-= Kerri Anne´s last blog ..Weekend Update, Celebratory Edition =-.

Sounds like an excellent anniversary celebration to me! Minus the tummy troubles.
          .-= Kristabella´s last blog ..I’ll Show You Where To Wag That Finger, Sir =-.

1. TUWABVB says:

I love your present – it’s exquisite! Sounds like a great celebration – I think your boy should do a post about romantic celebrations so that I can print it out and staple it to my husband’s forehead.
            .-= TUWABVB´s last blog ..Disturbing Things That I Have Seen =-.

1. Angela @ Lost In Splendor says:

Happy Anniversary! It sounds like you had a lovely day together with fab presents.

I am so jealous of the Tiffany Key necklace.

1. Serendipitous Girl says:

Happy Anniversary! Isn’t the decor of that La Rambla place cool too? Loved it there.
                .-= Serendipitous Girl´s last blog ..The $40 Foodie =-.

1. christophr says:

The fact that “someone” left their iPod in the hotel room does not bode well for the fact that said “someone” is about to be an iPhone owner.

I recommend a subscription to MobileMe as they have an incredible new feature “Find my iPhone” which makes the $99 annual price tag totally worth it.

Also: wireless syncing!

Also: hello!
                  .-= christophr´s last blog ..It’s brand new. I’ve not even peeled the plastic off it yet. =-.

1. metalia says:

Awww! Happy anniversary, Rhi! What a lovely way to spend it. (And wow, NICE JOB on the gift, Bill. I deeply covet one of the Tiffany key necklaces.)
                    .-= metalia´s last blog ..My Girl =-.

1. Queen Lindsay says:

Aww. so sweet! I hope you had a great anniversary!! Did I spell that wrong or what? lol