Friday, July 17th, 2009

Friday Bullets: Live Performance Edition

• I’m happy to announce that I finally have plane tickets to BlogHer. Hurray!
  • As it turns out, having kidney stones is the best diet ever. I went a couple weeks with counting calories and running/Shredding and didn’t lose anything. Then, BOOM! 5 pounds, gone!
  • FYI, if I have any facial bruising today, it’s because the boy elbowed me in the face AT LEAST three times last night. Tomorrow night, I’m drawing a line down the center of the bed.
  • Can we discuss last night’s season finale of 16 and Pregnant? I don’t want to spoil anything, but OH MY GOD.
  • Okay, but one thing: Smartest kids yet, dumbest parents yet. That is all.
  • If you live in Portland, close to Portland, or in one of Oregon’s neighboring states, I am REQUIRING you to buy tickets to see Storm Large’s Crazy Enough. It’s heart-wrenching, funny, and awe-inspiring all at the same time. Storm’s voice is freaking amazing and I want to be best friends with her.
  • And, if you come to see it, chances are, I’ll see it again.
  • I’m apparently all about live performance this week, because tomorrow the boy and I are going to see Andrew Bird and The Decemberists. I almost don’t know who I’m more excited to see.
  • Now, I must go. My presence has been requested downtown at 8 a.m. and I still have my hair in a towel.
  • But, tell me…what are you doing this weekend?

1. C @ Kid Things says:

I love The Decemberists. Have fun!

My weekend is up in the air. The weather is supposed to be ridiculously nice, though.
    .-= C @ Kid Things´s last blog ..Better than BlogHer =-.

1. Kaleigha says:

Wedding mayhem this weekend, but next week I’m hanging with you!:)

I’m going to hang out all weekend with a certain Ali Martell! And her adorable kids! I’m VERY EXCITED about this!
        .-= Kristabella´s last blog ..One Of Two Things Happened =-.

1. Long Story Longer says:

I was on the fence, but you totally convinced me. I’m going to buy a ticket for Storm’s show today.
          .-= Long Story Longer´s last blog ..Now Breathe Into Your Right Lung =-.

1. Darcey says:

I love Storm Large’s “Ladylike” – a song we’ve used at the studio, and I plan to do a demo to in the near future.

As for my weekend, hoping to get down to the farmers’ market tomorrow morning, and then lots of packing… and then the Braves/Mets game on Sunday with my family.

1. jmk says:

Let’s just say I tear-soaked the pile of laundry I was attempting to fold whilst watching 16…

DUDE.

1. One Scrappy Gal says:

I hope you have a great time at Blogher!! Can’t wait to read all your stories when you get back!! :)
                .-= One Scrappy Gal´s last blog ..I’m too dumb to live… =-.