Tuesday, September 4th, 2012

What to Wear Where: Family Photos

I’m linking up today with Melissa at I Pick Pretty today to share what Henry and I wore to our family photos last weekend.

True story: we did not have any sort of family photo taken until Henry was almost 4 weeks old. It breaks my heart that we don’t have a photo of the three of us together at the hospital. I never thought about it while we were there and nobody offered to take one Because of this, I’ve been almost obsessive about getting as many photos of the three of us together as we can.

What to Wear Where: Family Photos

(I clearly need some practice with Polyvore)

We had family photos taken last Saturday (on perhaps the most perfect day Portland weather-wise of all time) and I spent a good deal of time deciding (panicking) over what we were going to wear.  I ordered these red skinny jeans from Gap a couple weeks ago while placing an order for the majority of Henry’s fall wardrobe. (Hello Gap? My son is DARLING and is found in your clothing 75% of the time. Call us, please.) Anyway, I fell in love with them when they arrived and knew that I wanted to wear them in our photos. I picked up my blouse during my pre-Anniversary sale appointment at Nordstrom and liked it, but wasn’t sure what I’d wear it with. Lucky for me, it ended up working very well. As a backup, I also bought this blouse at Target (I’m having trouble deciding if it’s a keeper). In that same Gaporder was a wee gingham shirt for Henry along with the world’s cutest baby jeans and decided that it went well with my outfit without being too matchy-matchy. Also, he wore these teeny loafers which are just about the cutest thing I’ve ever seen. Bill wore a dressy black polo-type shirt, dark jeans and black shoes. I think we all looked pretty darn cute.

I meant to take a photo of my outfit before we left for the purposes of this post but forgot. I did, however, snap this picture of my stoic boy at our post-session dinner. Such a little man.

Untitled

Now, if you need me, I’ll be obsessively stalking my photographer’s website looking for a sneak peek of our photos.

1. Nanette says:

So cute, all of it!

I’ll have to get your photographer recommendation. I’m set on getting family/maternity photos, and newborn photos, too, for this next one.
    Nanette´s last blog post ..The Results Are In…

1. Amy @ Forever 29 Blog says:

I love your looks! Very classic, but red pants will definitely pop! I know what you mean about family shots…we didn’t have any professional pictures taken until our oldest was 19 months old and I was 7 months pregnant…fun! Thanks for linking up!
      Amy @ Forever 29 Blog´s last blog post ..What to Wear Where- Family Pictures

1. jcristg says:

that is a bang up polyvore job.

1. Janssen says:

That gingham shirt is so cute I could DIE.

1. Brittney says:

I am dying over the little plaid shirt! I might have to pick one up now for our little guy to grow into!
            Brittney´s last blog post ..Bling the Bedroom

1. Amy ~ Eat. Live. Laugh. Shop. says:

Oh my! He is precious! Love your choices. Gap does have the infant / child wardrobe down pat!
              Amy ~ Eat. Live. Laugh. Shop.´s last blog post ..Family photo.

1. Liz says:

You’ll have to post the photos when you get them! Sounds adorable!
                Liz´s last blog post ..3 Months

1. Erin says:

Those look like good choices! What a handsome little guy you have there!

We have family portraits scheduled for the 16th… I’m terrible at dressing myself, so if you have any suggestions (you know, if your spare time- hah!) I’m all ears!
                  Erin´s last blog post ..New Uses for Old Things

1. Melissa @ I Pick Pretty says:

Wee gingham shirt love. Big time. Also, those sassy red pants are just too fun; GAP is doing a great job for both us mamas and the littles lately (confidential to GAP: also call me maybe?)

I maintain my stance that Henry should be a model. Those perfect cheeks abide.
                    Melissa @ I Pick Pretty´s last blog post ..My Hometown Love – Five San Diego Favorites

SO CUTE. The clothes, too. ;)
                      Angella´s last blog post ..Firsts and Lasts

1. leslie says:

Love the color of the pants and the pretty romantic blouse! What an adorable little guy :) Those loafers are so adorable..

1. Reading (and chickens) says:

I love those red skinny jeans in theory, but I am SO AFRAID of the skinny pant.