Wednesday, November 28th, 2012

Henry’s “Little Man” Birthday Party

Untitled
Let me preface this post by saying that it is very, very hard to not go overboard for your baby’s first birthday party. I felt that not only was it a celebration of this most excellent little guy but also a celebration of our little family.

I saw this party on Hostess with the Mostess when Henry was only a couple months old and pinned it for future reference. It wasn’t until later that I realized that Henry’s monthly tie photos would correspond really well with that party theme.
Untitled

Untitled

IMG_0916
I bought pretty generic party decorations from Target – just things in primary colors that we could use again and again if we wanted to. I strung some baker’s twine across our mantle and hung each one of his monthly photos with a tiny clothes pin and our bar in the living room was decorated with some various photos. And, of course I made a balloon wreath.

Untitled
Untitled
We had a bunch of travel right before Henry’s party (Boston and Chicago) so I decided not to make his cake (though I really wanted to). This turned out to be the best decision ever as we ended up with the MOST delicious cake. I sent a photo of Henry’s t-shirt to the bakery and they matched the cake perfectly.
Untitled
For favors, I ordered these little tie cookies, which were not only cute, but so delicious. And, then I promptly forgot to hand them out to our guests.

All in, the party was a success! Happy Birthday to my Little Man!

IMG_0942

Cake – Le Cookie Monkey
Balloons – Lippman Company
Crown – Felt Like Celebrating
T-Shirt – SheShe Made
Stick on Ties – Little Babycakes and Co.
Cookies – Bee’s Knees Creative
Table and Bar Runners – Four Bugs in a Rug

1. jcristg says:

precious, as i knew it would be!
    jcristg´s last blog post ..Classic Pecan Pie

Adorable!

But which of the three things that you set out for him did he choose? My bet is the money. :)
      Kristabella´s last blog post ..Rest In Peace, Gram

1. Janssen says:

Everything is DARLING! You really did a great job and it doesn’t seem at all overboard to me!
        Janssen´s last blog post ..An Advent Calendar

1. heidikins says:

What a cute idea!! I love this! Also, you look so happy and beautiful and just…sigh. These photos make me smile. :)

xox
          heidikins´s last blog post ..The evolution of telecom and pie

1. rebecca says:

I love this party! And it is not AT ALL overboard. Seriously, you are the mom on Twitter/in blogging who gives me hope that it is still possible to be a mom and not have Pinterest explode all over their child’s life. ;-)

And Henry, as always, is adorable!
            rebecca´s last blog post ..Life Skills Acquisition #2: My Fitted Sheet, My Enemy

Oh, he is such a little man!

LOVE the party, Rhi. So perfect. :)
              Angella´s last blog post ..Light It Up

1. Liz says:

I need to pin this for baby D’s first birthday ideas!