Wednesday, January 2nd, 2013

2013 Goals

I’m not really a resolution girl, but I do have some things I’d like to accomplish this year, so I thought I’d hold myself accountable by writing them down. My gal Jennie does this and I think it’s fun to check back periodically to see what’s been accomplished. So, here goes!

1. Learn to bake the perfect pie crust and pastry dough
  2. Once I have pastry dough down pat, make Finnish Christmas Tarts.
  3. One outside of the house fitness activity per week.
  4. Three inside the house fitness activities per week. (treadmill, video, etc.)
  5. Take Henry to one new activity per month.
  6. Finally learn to use sewing machine.
  7. Find and hang artwork on large wall in living room.
  8. Figure out a way to do a gallery wall somewhere in the house.
  9. Read 50 books (I read 11 in 2012. Not proud of that number.)
  10. Try one new recipe per week. Idea here.
  11. At least one date per month with Bill.
  12. At least one date per month with girlfriends.
  13. Host one playdate per quarter for Henry’s friends.
  14. Host at least two non-birthday related parties.
  15. Write at least one blog post per week, but ideally two or three.
  16. Comment on the blogs that I read and find new blogs to read.
  17. Finally learn to use DSLR.
  18. Come up with household maintenance schedule and stick with it.
  19. Stop wasting time on toxic friendships and focus on the friends that matter.
  20. Spend some time each week doing something just for me.

So, there it is! What are your goals for 2013?

1. jcristg says:

21. visit south carolina
    jcristg´s last blog post ..d’bra’s beef tenderloin.

1. Jennie says:

I am also looking for a galley wall. I think I picked the design (via Young House Love’s book) and now I just need cheap white frames that don’t look cheap. This seems to be the tough part.

Happy 2013 to you, my friend!
      Jennie´s last blog post ..My Favorite To-Do List To Date

Great list! I hope you have a really wonderful, soul-enriching year. Sounds like the makings of it.

( I also want to read more. Excited to hear what you’re enjoying.)
        sizzle´s last blog post ..Welcoming 2013

Good list! I like the idea of goals, more than resolutions too! I may have to steal this idea!
          Kristabella´s last blog post ..Sponsored Post: Fekkai Hair Products

1. Friday Bullets: « Rhi in Pink says:

[...] part of my 2013 fitness goal, I signed up for Barre3′s 28 to Great program. I’m excited to get started next week! [...]

1. Liz says:

That’s a great list!
              Liz´s last blog post ..My Favorite Baby Things – 3-6 months

1. Maura says:

I like goals over resolutions, too. Goals seem cheerful and positive. Resolutions are so … serious.

I’m interested in your home maintenance schedule. Will and I are closing on our first home on 2/27, and I am determined to treat it better than I’ve treated rentals. As a result, I need a cleaning/maintenance schedule that doesn’t seem overwhelming. Martha Stewart has a whole bunch of checklists. I’m thinking of printing them and putting them in a binder. I’m also worried/concerned/stressed about moving and not taking useless crap with us.

Ugh. Stressing.

I also want to read more books. I can’t believe how few I read this year. It was just yesterday that I was setting goals for 2012!!!

1. Meaghan says:

What a great list. I really liked your goals in the kitchen & to comment more on blogs (that’s one I should have put on my list…). Good luck!
                  Meaghan´s last blog post ..One Month Ago

1. Recipe Recap « Rhi in Pink says:

[...] I mentioned in my list of goals for 2013, I want to try one new recipe a week. Well, I am proud to say that I am a huge overachiever because [...]