Thursday, May 30th, 2013
Well, that was quite the little break. We’re here and we’re well but we’re busy. Here’s what’s been going on…
- I traveled to South Carolina for a much needed girls weekend. The weather was awful, so of course I felt right at home. We spent almost an entire day in our pajamas just chatting and it was really the best. We visited Charleston for both dinner and brunch. I cannot wait to take Bill back there one day.
- Portland experienced some amazing weather for a couple weeks. We bought a water table for Henry and spent hours and hours out in our yard. We planted lots of things in the garden and then watched squirrels dig up every single thing we planted. Jerks.
- Bill had surgery about three weeks ago to repair a torn meniscus. The recovery has been slow-going, but things are almost back to normal around here.
- Henry turned 18-months-old a couple weeks ago. We celebrated with gelato (he hated it) and a new rocket toy (he loves it). He started a soccer class for toddlers and it’s the best, most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen in my life. The class exhausts him and he naps for at least 3 hours afterward.
- We spent a quiet Mother’s Day, just the three of us. At brunch that afternoon Henry learned to “Cheers!” and also how to blow on his food to cool it. Both hilarious.
- Regan came to town to run a half marathon and we ate all the things. Henry was enamored with her and stood by the guest room door a couple times after she left, just waiting for her to come out.
- I’m a Barre3 addict. I’ve been going 2-3 times a week since February and am in love with this workout. I have seen my body change so much over the last 3 and a half months. I am so proud of my progress. If you have Barre3 in your area, TRY IT. You will not be sorry.
- What’s new with you?